Thursday, September 22, 2011

How do I get out a break pad that is stuck between the rotor and the caliper?

My friend's car was squealing, I offered to help thinking it was an easy brakepad change... well it turns out that one of the pads came off and was stuck between the rotor and the caliper, he has a 96 honda passport??? I'm not allowed to hammer it out!.. lol.. what are my other options...?? =DHow do I get out a break pad that is stuck between the rotor and the caliper?prybarHow do I get out a break pad that is stuck between the rotor and the caliper?gotta take the caliper off first....How do I get out a break pad that is stuck between the rotor and the caliper?Sounds like you'll have to pull the caliper off.How do I get out a break pad that is stuck between the rotor and the caliper?Easiest way is to use a small pry bar or a heavy screwdriver and pry the caliper back and draw the piston back inside. The pad will be very loose, and will be simple to manipulate out.How do I get out a break pad that is stuck between the rotor and the caliper?First make sure u dont have the emergency break on, Remove caliper. Pads never need knocked out, U said squeek, Not locked up, If what you say is so, that its stuck, The tire would not turn and the tire would be locked upHow do I get out a break pad that is stuck between the rotor and the caliper?open the cap on the brake fluid chamber and then gently pry the pad away from the rotor..it should come right out then... good luckHow do I get out a break pad that is stuck between the rotor and the caliper?Take the caliper off and you should be able to get it. Tell your friend to get ready to have the rotor turned, or more likely, replaced. Better do the other side too. Also tell your friend that any squeal is a bad thing. Turn the stereo down once and awhile and listen. You can often tell something is wrong before it get too expensive to fix.How do I get out a break pad that is stuck between the rotor and the caliper?take the caliper off an pads should drop out, get the rotors turned also if it popped out of there it probably cut into the rotor. good luckHow do I get out a break pad that is stuck between the rotor and the caliper?you sound like you don't know what you are doing.



i would take to a shop and have them deal with it because working on brakes is not a kids' game.

it's important to get it done right.



i don't know how the pad could get stuck between the rotor and the caliper..sounds odd to me.

the pad is supposed to reside between the rotor and the caliper.

the pistons from the caliper pushes it to the rotor to stop the car.

so how it gets stuck is very odd.



you may also want to check to see where the shims are.

maybe the person who put them in before you didn't properly put the shims on.

----







-i just figured out your problem.

you didn't use a C-clamp like your supposed to.

this is why you cannot remove the pads..and to you it seems like they are stuck..they are NOT stuck.



--you can put 10pts on my answer!!How do I get out a break pad that is stuck between the rotor and the caliper?take off the Bridge that holds the Cailper to the Rotor