Monday, October 24, 2011

83 Chevy small block wires...I got it! You all probably thought I never would, lol?

Ok for anyone who was following my mechanical escapades last night, I finally got it!! Everything kept coming up wrong cause I didn't understand what HEI was. I was starting at the 6:30 position and when husband woke up this morning I asked him what HEI was and he told me I instantly knew where I went wrong....start at 5:30. (Thank you Mickey!)



http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c339/Gunny819/vehicles/HEIdistibutor_1.jpg



I ran out and jumped in and started changing things, husband looked at me like I lost my marbles, (ok that happened long ago). Then I told him to hit the key and Wall-A!



Turns out he had the #6 and the #8 mixed up at the beginning, but I'm looking too good right now so I leave that point out, lol. Then I insisted he tell me how to change the distributor cap and rotor and let me do it myself because yep, I was having fun now, lol. Seriously this is fun, at least it is on old vehicles where you have room that is!



Anyway sorry this isn't really a question, I just wanted to thank everyone that helped me!83 Chevy small block wires...I got it! You all probably thought I never would, lol?Yeah!!!

Good for you.83 Chevy small block wires...I got it! You all probably thought I never would, lol?Very good Grasshopper, heh heh...I see you found number one on the distributor, left side of the dwell adjust door...right where it suppose to be!!! You desrve a pat on the back awright, for correcting the problem. *Thumbs up*
  • can anybody advise me on
  • computer wont start up
  •