Monday, October 24, 2011

HELP ! I Think I am about to be screwed over into another used car trap!?

Ok so...my dealership is in Memphis, TN and I live about a hour away in Ark. So I have this 2000 Chevy Malibu that i got out of desperation bc i needed a car and it had 140K on it at the time(July 07'). I have had to have the rotors n pads changed 3 times in a 6 month period ,and within 4 months of purchase it had a blown head gasket(possibly could have been more)...had that fixed, and before that had to replace a fan belt, and here we are again a year later needing a new motor,



So I call and tell them, hey I want to be put in another car because i feel it isn't even worth replacing with 173k on it, its ridiculous. So I come to the lot thinking I'm going to get whatever i want, but instead, they tell me that since my payoff for the vehicle is to large, I am limited to 2 vehicles(a 00' Pontiac Van and a 02'Taurus) The van i saw, and the Taurus was in the shop getting serviced the same day i was at the lot, never saw it, never asked how many miles were on it because I was already pissed off and I was not interested in neither vehicle.



But here is the big catch, I am currently on an 18 month agreement with them where i keep it that long to be elgible for trade, but they are wanting me to renew it for 36 months and rollover the 6K I owe for the Malibu. I feel this is not fair and I don't feel right about it. I'm scared to sign these papers for something I really don't want, and I feel once they sell me a lemon, they will be more than happy to do it again. Suggestions ?HELP ! I Think I am about to be screwed over into another used car trap!?Pay off the heap, and then trade it in on a car that you want, and that isn't a Chevy. If I had a bad experience with a car maker/dealer, I wouldn't keep coming back for more punishment.HELP ! I Think I am about to be screwed over into another used car trap!?No, you need to find the vehicle that YOU want and then renegotiate the price to where it will fit better with what they are offering you now. So, say the two that they say that you can have are 4,000 go find a car that has a 7000 sticker on it and negotiate it down! Do not let them tell you.



Since they are offering you something to a certain extent they are saying that they had sold you crap. I would bring up gross misrepresentation. Ask them in detail about the car that you want them to replace your junker with, and watch for opinion statements. Those will not help you in small claims with misrepresentation. Ask them Q's where they have to state FACTS not opinions.



Be tough as nails and don't give an inch. They will hate you in the end (secretly, of course) but you will be more likely to be treated fairlyHELP ! I Think I am about to be screwed over into another used car trap!?No one is twisting your arm. If you feel it isn't a good deal, don't take it.



All cars need repairs from time to time, that's a given. I don't understand why the brakes would need replacing 3 times in a year, unless you are really really hard on them.



You might be better off fixing what you have and driving it until it's paid off instead of switching into perhaps another problem.



You owe a lot more than it's worth though, if you owe $6K. It's worth maybe $2,500. Remember, you don't get out of debt by going into more debt.



Good luck.